A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is actually a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is irregular in shape and appears to be a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is a result of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is famous in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the Agaricus Blazei Extract is an immune booster, an outstanding digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is a compressive listing of Chaga mushroom proven health and fitness benefits.
1. Prevention and treatment of cancer – The active compound in the Chaga mushroom posseses an essential role in prevention and management of cancer, in accordance with research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom assist the defense mechanisms to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting our bodies to fight against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the immunity mechanism through producing immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s capacity to differentiate between foreign cells and the body’s cells; thus increasing the accuracy of the immune system in answering invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays an important role in preventing allergic reactions by helping the body to recognise its cells more accurately; thus it cannot combat against its cells. In the event that reducing the probability of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in lowering of defense mechanisms hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity be a consequence of an extreme allergic reaction. Such reaction can lead to cardiac shock. Being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom boosts the defense mechanisms when necessary and reduce it when it is hypersensitive.
3. A strong antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. As an example, Chaga extracts are effective against viruses because they inhibit replication of HIV 1 preventing Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts are effective in cutting infection as a result of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the procedure that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), a necessary element of fighting bacterial infection. A cup of Chaga tea is crucial to fight the bacteria that may cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation from the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Note that, low antioxidant levels can cause inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the results of enzymes that be a part of inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide supplement synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play an important role in neutralising free radicles in the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga provides the highest amount of antioxidant potency as compared to any other food. The top amounts of antioxidants result from the high level of polyphenols inside the Hericium Erinaceus Extract. Besides, our prime levels of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive effects of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, lessen the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – Among the reasons for ulcers is bacteria. Becoming a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria that causes ulcers inside the digestive system reducing likelihood of ulcers. Besides, the extracts from the mushroom are necessary in cutting inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cupful of Chaga tea or even a glass of tepid to warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder thirty minutes before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration within the blood during an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the entire process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides boost the glycogen content of muscles as well as the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a factor that plays a part in fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous thrombus – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots in the veins; an ailment called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it may cause diseases such as heart attack and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the whole process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the potential risks of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is vital in soothing blood vessels when in irritation. Such property is essential in cases of pain or conditions like neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood glucose level by increasing levels of insulin inside the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to transform sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of many reasons for insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance contributes to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the risk of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts slow down that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus lowering the surges in blood sugar levels, which may otherwise cause diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure and levels of cholesterol – Betulinic acid can break up the low-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol within the blood, while other extracts increase the amount of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol in the liver. Through the elimination of bad cholesterol from arteries, in addition to eliminating clots from the veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a proper blood pressure.
11. Skin health – The massive amounts of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, ensure it is an outstanding skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is an element of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin gives the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, increases the skin’s health, which makes it supple and protecting the skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it for the skin works well.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is a superb supply of dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the creation of bile, an essential salt inside the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder three times per day, 30 minutes before a meal decbbe important for a proper digestive system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sense of stress – Chaga extracts are crucial in balancing hormones within the body. In the case of stress, your body releases stress hormones. The hormones are responsible for the feeling of stress and fatigue. An equilibrium of the hormones, balances the functioning in the body, hence enables one to handle stress. As a well known adaptogen, ganoderma lucidum spore oil, help to stabilise, restore and protect the body. It will so by helping the body respond to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance in the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the amount of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Improving the amounts of acetylcholine improves the cognitive performance of an individual.